Baharat Baked Basa
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 Basa Filets (or other desired white fish)
- Zest and Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Parchment/baking paper
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Al'Fez Baharat
- Using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, brush the fish and then rub the filets with the Baharat. Coat them very well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC. Place the fillets in a piece of baking paper, top with salt, pepper, garlic, a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Wrap the fillets individually in the baking paper, and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- The fish should flake easily and be opaque throughout when it’s cooked through.
- Melt the butter with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the lime zest and juice and swirl the pan to mix. Serve the fish with rice or quinoa and top with lime butter sauce.