Homemade Baba Ganoush
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Al'Fez Natural Tahini
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, more if desired
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Arrange oven racks so you have one low and one high in the oven.
- Cut a shallow slit along the side of the eggplant and place into a baking dish
- Roast in preheated oven on the lower rack until the eggplant is completely shrunken and soft, about 40 minutes.
- Move dish to higher rack and continue baking until the skin is charred, about 5 minutes more. Let eggplant cool until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and discard skin from eggplant. Put eggplant into a bowl; add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed. Drizzle olive oil over the baba ghanoush and garnish with parsley.