Moroccan Cigars with Ras El Hanout
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 6 filo pastry sheets
- 1 sachet Al’Fez Ras El Hanout
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion (white or red)
- 2 red peppers
- 8 sundried tomatoes
- 375g minced beef/lamb
- Fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas mark 4. Make a paste by mixing the juice of 1 lemon with the Ras El Hanout.
- Finely slice onion, peppers and tomatoes into cubes. In a pan, fry the mince and garlic. Add sliced vegetables and paste, cook until soft then add freshly chopped coriander.
- Take the filo pastry sheets, cut each sheet in two and fold in half and place mixture in the middle. Roll the pastry, tucking in the ends.
- Lightly brush the cigar with beaten egg and place on a greased baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.