Moroccan Lentil Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Al’Fez Ras El Hanout
- 1 tin of green lentils
- 3 large carrots diced
- 450ml vegetable stock
- ½ tin of chopped tomatoes
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- Boil carrots until al dente, drain and cover. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add diced onion and garlic. Heat until the onions are tender. Add Ras El Hanout and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add lentils, stock and bring to the boil uncovered. Reduce to a steady simmer, add carrots.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes, then add chopped coriander and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with a warm pitta. Alternatively serve on a bed of Al’Fez Moroccan Couscous or serve as a side dish with grilled meats.