- Servings: 6
- Course: Snack, Appetizer
- Recipe type: Mezze, Snacks
- Featured products: Natural Tahini
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (reserve the liquid and a few chickpeas for decoration)
- 4 tsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- paprika and coriander leaves for garnish
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and tip into the food processor. Add the tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and seven tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the cans.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs. When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, tip it into a serving dish.
- Drizzle with more extra virgin olive oil and decorate with a few whole chickpeas. Sprinkle with paprika and finely chopped coriander or parsley leaves, for colour.