Spiced Pearl Couscous & Chorizo
- ½ cup uncooked Al’Fez Pearl Couscous
- ½ can green lentils, drained
- ½ litre vegetable stock
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Al’Fez Ras El Hanout
- Greek yoghurt or mayonnaise, to taste
- 1/2 Chorizo sausage, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Lightly fry the onion in some oil. Mix in the Pearl Couscous and Ras El Hanout, stirring for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock and lentils. Stir, cover and simmer for 12 minutes stirring half way through. Meanwhile, lightly fry the Chorizo and set aside.
- Uncover the couscous and continue to cook until all the water has evaporated, stirring from time to time.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the Chorizo. Cover and rest for a couple of minutes before seasoning and serving with chopped coriander and Greek yoghurt.